In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sichuan dan dan noodles with ground pork and kale
Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
Re-create this famous Chinese noodle dish at home with subtly spicy chile oil–infused pork and superfood kale.
In your bag
- ½ teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- ¾ pound fresh ramen noodles
- 1¼ pounds ground pork
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 10 ounces chopped kale
- Sunbasket dan dan noodle blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - cashew butter - rice vinegar - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - honey)
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
- 3 scallions
Calories 710, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 1540mg (67% DV), Total Carb. 68g (25% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 6g Added Sugars, 12% DV), Protein 50g
Contains: Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ½ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Make the chile oil
- If using, on a cutting board, using a rolling pin or the bottom of a small pot or bowl, lightly crush the Sichuan peppercorns. Transfer the peppercorns to a small heatproof bowl, add as many chile flakes as you like, and stir to combine.
Cook the ramen
While the ramen cooks, prepare the ground pork and kale.
Prep and cook the pork and kale
- Cut a small corner from the ground pork packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
While the pork and kale cook, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Coarsely chop the cashews.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Lightly crush the peppercorns.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure out the 1 cup water.
- Set the table.
- Garnish with cashews and scallions.