In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sichuan tofu and eggplant stir-fry with broccoli and jasmine rice
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
Featuring artisan organic tofu and our signature stir-fry blend, this quick-cooking vegan spin on a Chinese favorite will keep your take-out menus tucked away.
In your bag
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 scallions
- 1 globe eggplant
- ¾ pound broccoli
- 2 Chinese chiles (optional)
- ½ teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns (optional)
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (tamari - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Calories 750, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 950mg (41% DV), Total Carb. 88g (32% DV), Fiber 20g (71% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 50g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the tofu.
Prep and cook the tofu
- Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes.
While the tofu cooks, start preparing the stir-fry ingredients.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Remove the stem from the eggplant and cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into 1-inch-thick strips, then crosswise into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim off any coarse stems.
- If using the Chinese chiles, cut them in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Wash your hands after handling.
Cook the stir-fry
Stir in the tofu and stir-fry blend and cook until the tofu is warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, discard the Chinese chiles, if using, and season to taste with salt and pepper.