In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sicilian chicken with charred lemon chutney and cauliflower “rice”
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
This Sicilian-inspired chicken dish builds flavor using just one pan to carry richness throughout; ripe with olives to provide good fatty acids, it’s a Mediterranean meal that satisfies.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 organic Meyer or Eureka lemon
- 3 organic scallions
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- ¼ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 or 3 sprigs organic fresh tarragon
Calories 420, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 135mg (45% DV), Sodium 240mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 28g (10% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 32g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the raisins.
Soak the raisins
While the raisins soak, prepare the lemon and the cauliflower “rice.”
Prep and char the lemon; cook the cauliflower “rice”
- Cut half the lemon into ¼-inch-thick slices; discard any seeds. Cut half into wedges for garnish. [Cut 1 lemon into slices; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate.
In the same pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the white parts of the scallions and cook until starting to soften, about 1 minute. Add the cauliflower “rice,” season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower starts to soften, 3 to 5 minutes [4 to 6 min]. Remove from the heat, stir in the green parts of the scallions, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the chutney.
Make the charred lemon chutney
- Coarsely chop the charred lemon slices and olives, checking for any pits.
- Strip the parsley and tarragon leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Strip the parsley and tarragon leaves.
- Stir the chutney.
- Garnish with the parsley and tarragon.