In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Flaked salmon salad with quinoa and Dijon dressing
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
This gluten-free superfood salad—complete with kale, quinoa, and seafood— doesn’t skimp on flavor, thanks to our punchy mustard and caper dressing.
In your bag
- ¼ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic purple daikon or other small radish
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket Dijon dressing base (Dijon mustard - cornichons - capers - dried dill)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 6 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
Calories 490, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 310mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 32g (12% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 41g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut the daikon in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the vegetables cook, start preparing the seafood.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the seafood cooks, prepare the dressing.
Make the dressing; assemble the salad
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the zest for garnish.
In a large bowl, toss together the kale, onion, daikon, seafood, and quinoa. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Measure the water for the quinoa.
- Juice the lemon.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the lemon zest.