In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Flaked salmon salad with quinoa and Dijon dressing
Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
This gluten-free superfood salad—complete with kale, quinoa, and seafood— doesn’t skimp on flavor, thanks to our punchy mustard and caper dressing.
In your bag
- ¼ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic purple daikon or other small radish
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 organic lemon
- Sun Basket Dijon dressing base (Dijon mustard - cornichons - capers - dried dill)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 6 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
Calories: 490, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 32g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut the daikon in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the vegetables cook, start preparing the seafood.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the seafood cooks, prepare the dressing.
Make the dressing; assemble the salad
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the zest for garnish.
In a large bowl, toss together the kale, onion, daikon, seafood, and quinoa. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Measure the water for the quinoa.
- Juice the lemon.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the lemon zest.