In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sausage tacos with bell pepper, chile salsa, and queso fresco
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
Sun Basket’s custom New Mexican chile salsa brings a subtle, fruity kick to these one-pan, 20-minute tacos.
In your bag
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 1 organic green or other bell pepper
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- 2 ounces queso fresco
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños (optional)
- Sun Basket New Mexican chile salsa (water - EVOO - garlic - dried New Mexican chiles - kosher salt - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. In a medium sauce pot on the stovetop, add the pork sausages and enough beer, water, or a mixture to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, reduce to a vigorous simmer, and cook until the sausages are firm but not yet cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Set the sausages on the grill directly over the heat and cook, turning occasionally, until the skin is blistered and the sausages are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
Calories: 750, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 39g (60% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 1270mg (53% DV), Carbohydrates: 73g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions crosswise into 2-inch lengths.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- Crumble the queso fresco for garnish.
Cook the vegetables
Warm the tortillas
- Time the cooking.
- Crumble the queso fresco.
- Help set out the taco fillings.