In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sausage tacos with bell pepper, chile salsa, and queso fresco
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Sunbasket’s custom New Mexican chile salsa brings a subtle, fruity kick to these one-pan, 20-minute tacos.
In your bag
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 1 organic green or other bell pepper
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- 2 ounces queso fresco
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños (optional)
- Sunbasket New Mexican chile salsa (water - EVOO - garlic - dried New Mexican chiles - kosher salt - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
Calories 680, Total Fat 39g (50% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 1270mg (55% DV), Total Carb. 73g (27% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions crosswise into 2-inch lengths.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- Crumble the queso fresco for garnish.
Cook the vegetables
Warm the tortillas
- Time the cooking.
- Crumble the queso fresco.
- Help set out the taco fillings.