In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp pad thai with rice noodles and sugar snap peas
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Made with wild Gulf shrimp and organic eggs and topped with thinly sliced snap peas, our fast, healthy spin on pad thai is gluten-free thanks to rice noodles.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 6 organic scallions
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ teaspoon kimchi chile flakes (optional)
- Sun Basket pad thai sauce base (rice vinegar - brown sugar - fish sauce)
- 3 tablespoons roasted cashews
- ¼ pound organic sugar snap or snow peas
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Pad thai literally means “stir-fried in a Thai style.” In Thailand, the dish is traditionally made with dried shrimp; fresh shrimp are a more recent and luxurious addition.
Calories: 650, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 330mg (110% DV), Sodium: 740mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 85g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 9g (18% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (cashew), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, prepare the pad thai.
Prep the pad thai ingredients
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate.
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl. With a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Start the pad thai
Add the rice noodles, eggs, and half the pad thai sauce base and cook, stirring often, until the eggs are set and the noodles are well coated with the sauce, 2 to 3 minutes.
While the pad thai cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the pad thai
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews for garnish.
- Thinly slice the snap peas lengthwise for garnish.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Time the noodles.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.
- Crush the cashews.
- Add the garnishes.