In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Simple steak salad with sweet potato and green chermoula
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Pan-roasted or cooked on the grill, juicy steak joins forces with a bright, herby chermoula and quick-pickled onions in this Mediterranean main-course salad.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic red onion
- Quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic rib-eye steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- ¼ pound organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket green chermoula (EVOO - fresh parsley - fresh lime juice - fresh cilantro - coriander - cumin - kosher salt)
Calories 690, Total Fat 43g (55% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 110mg (37% DV), Sodium 260mg (11% DV), Total Carb. 34g (12% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 42g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sweet potato
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Trim the ends and cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the sweet potato cooks, pickle the onion and prepare the steak.
Pickle the onion
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
Prep and cook the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the salad.
Toss the kale salad
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the pickled onion.
- Toss the kale salad.
- Drizzle the chermoula.