In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan steak salad with sweet potato and green chermoula
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Pan-roasted or cooked on the grill, juicy steak joins forces with a bright, herby chermoula and quick-pickled onions in this Mediterranean main-course salad.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus rib-eye steaks (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 5 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket green chermoula (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - lime juice - cilantro - coriander - cumin - kosher salt)
Calories 620, Total Fat 35g (45% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 290mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 49g (18% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 33g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sweet potato
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Trim the ends and cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the sweet potato cooks, pickle the onion and prepare the steak.
Pickle the onion
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
Prep and cook the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the sweet potato, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the steak and cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare for top sirloins, 4 to 6 minutes for rib-eyes and New York strips. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Add more oil between batches if needed. Cut the steak into ½-inch-thick slices.
While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the salad.
Toss the kale salad
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the pickled onion.
- Toss the kale salad.
- Drizzle the chermoula.