Singapore stir-fried glass noodles with shrimp and snow peas
20 – 30 Minutes
Gluten-free glass noodles, wild shrimp, and our flavor-packed stir-fry blend will transport you to the streets of Southeast Asia.
In your bag
- 5 ounces glass (mung bean) noodles
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild jumbo shrimp
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 scallions
- 2 ounces snow peas
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ¼ pound shredded Savoy cabbage
- 2 ounces shredded carrots
- Sun Basket stir-fry blend (tamari - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
Glass noodles go by many names and guises. Wonderfully chewy and crystal clear, they make excellent gluten-free alternatives to wheat or rice noodles since they’re usually made with root vegetable or bean starch. While they have little flavor, they absorb what surrounds them. These made from mung beans soak up the savory richness of our stir-fry blend.
Cook the glass noodles
While the water heats and the noodles soak, prepare the shrimp.
Prep and cook the shrimp
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry.
Prep the remaining stir-fry ingredients
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut 4 scallions on the diagonal into 2-inch pieces. Thinly slice the remaining 2 scallions for garnish.
- Trim the ends from the snow peas; cut the snow peas in half on the diagonal.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. With a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
Cook the stir-fry
Stir in the noodles, stir-fry blend, and rice vinegar and cook until the noodles are warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, toss in the shrimp, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Calories: 700, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 335mg (112% DV), Sodium: 1730mg (72% DV), Carbohydrates: 82g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Crustacean shellfish, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.