In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Singapore stir-fried glass noodles with shrimp and snow peas
4 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Inspired by Singapore street food, these mung bean glass noodles are tossed with shrimp and a colorful array of vegetables for a simple, gluten-free family meal.
In your bag
- 10 ounces glass (mung bean) noodles
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 scallions
- ¼ pound snow peas
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 6 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
- Sun Basket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
Wonderfully chewy glass noodles make an excellent gluten-free choice, as they’re usually made from root vegetable or bean starch. They have little taste, but they absorb the flavors around them. Here, noodles made from mung beans soak up our heady stir-fry blend.
Calories: 630, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 295mg (98% DV), Sodium: 1560mg (65% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Crustacean Shellfish, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the noodles
While the water heats and the noodles soak, prepare the shrimp.
Prep and cook the shrimp
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry.
Prep the vegetables; cook the eggs
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the bell pepper.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut 4 scallions on the diagonal into 2-inch pieces. Thinly slice the remaining 2 scallions for garnish.
- Trim the ends from the snow peas; cut the snow peas in half on the diagonal.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
Cook the vegetables
Stir in the noodles, eggs, stir-fry blend, and rice vinegar and cook until the noodles are warmed through and the eggs are set, 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat, toss in the shrimp, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the noodles with cold water.
- Measure out the oil.
- Season the dish to taste.
- Garnish with scallions.
- Monitor the cooking times.