In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sloppy joe sliders with pickled jalapeños and creamy coleslaw
Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 820 Calories/Serving
When it comes to easy dinners, sloppy joes rank number one. Just top toasted slider buns with our house-made filling, spoon on our crunchy coleslaw, and add jalapeños if you dare. Deliciousness on a bun, dunzo.
- Sloppy joe filling (ground beef - onions - ketchup - tomato paste - water - Worcestershire - Dijon mustard - apple cider vinegar - brown sugar - extra virgin olive oil - black pepper - chili powder)
- Slaw mix (organic green cabbage - organic red cabbage - organic carrots)
- Sunbasket “creamy” slaw dressing (mayo - honey - apple cider vinegar - celery seeds)
- Brioche slider buns
- Pickled jalapeños (optional)
Calories 820, Total Fat 43g (55% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 120mg (40% DV), Sodium 1190mg (52% DV), Total Carb. 74g (27% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 26g (Incl. 16g Added Sugars, 32% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Heat the sloppy joe filling
Choose your heating method:
Our favorite method for this meal is to heat the filling and toast the buns in the oven.
Conventional oven | 20 minutes
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Transfer the sloppy joe filling into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the filling with 1 tablespoon water. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir.
Microwave oven | 4–5 minutes
- Transfer the sloppy joe filling into a microwave-safe dish and sprinkle the filling with 1 tablespoon water. Place a damp paper towel over the top of the dish and microwave for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir.
Stovetop | 4–5 minutes
- Transfer the sloppy joe filling to a small [medium] sauce pot and stir to break apart. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally and adding 1 tablespoon water as needed to reach the desired consistency, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make the coleslaw
In a large bowl, toss together the slaw mix and half the “creamy” slaw dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add more slaw dressing if desired.
Toast the buns
Choose your heating method:
- In the last five minutes your sloppy joe filling is heating, on a sheet pan lay the buns cut sides up and bake until lightly toasted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- In a medium [large] frying pan, place the buns cut sides down and cook over medium-high heat until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes.
Place the bun bottoms, cut sides up, on individual plates and top with the sloppy joe filling. Spoon on the coleslaw and top with as many pickled jalapeños as you like. Close with the bun tops. Serve the remaining coleslaw on the side.