In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Beef sloppy joes with pickled jalapeños and classic creamy coleslaw
Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 920 Calories/Serving
Traditional sloppy joes, topped with pickled jalapeños and classic coleslaw—presto, a 20-minute meal for any night of the week.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 10 ounces ground beef
- Sunbasket sloppy joe sauce base (ketchup - vegan Worcestershire - Dijon mustard - apple cider vinegar - brown sugar)
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 3 ounces organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket coleslaw dressing (paleo mayo - honey - apple cider vinegar - celery seeds)
- 2 whole wheat buns
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños (optional)
Calories 920, Total Fat 57g (73% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 820mg (36% DV), Total Carb. 75g (27% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 34g (Incl. 15g Added Sugars, 30% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sloppy joe filling
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the sloppy joe filling cooks, prepare the coleslaw and buns.
Make the coleslaw
Toast the buns
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the sloppy joe filling.
- Assemble the coleslaw.
- Top the sloppy joe filling with coleslaw.