In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sloppy Joes with cucumber-radish salad
4 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
These family-friendly ground beef sandwiches get a fun south-of-the-border twist from mild green chiles plus pickled jalapeños, if you like the heat.
In your bag
- 1 pound ground beef
- Sloppy Joe seasoning blend (vegan Worcestershire sauce - tomato paste - granulated garlic - chili powder - cumin - coriander)
- ¼ cup diced mild green chiles
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 limes
- 1 wedge Savoy cabbage (about ½ pound)
- 2 or 3 radishes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños (optional)
Calories: 620, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 530mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 40g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the beef
- Cut a small corner from the beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the beef cooks, prepare the buns.
Toast the buns and melt the cheese
While the buns toast, prepare the salad.
Prep the salad ingredients
- Juice the limes.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Dress the salad
- Put the cheese on the buns.
- Juice the limes.
- Dress the salad.
- Serve the meal.
- Clear the table.