In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Smoky chicken tacos with black beans and chile-lime salsa
Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
With a warm and smoky spice rub and a bright, but not-too-spicy chile salsa, these fast chicken tacos are tremendously flavorful and rich in good-for-you ingredients.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅕ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket smoky spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic Gala or other apple
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- Sun Basket chile-lime salsa (crushed tomatillos - lime juice - dried New Mexican chiles - garlic - kosher salt)
Calories: 490, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 10g (15% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 410mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 59g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt, if desired, and pepper and the smoky spice blend.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the beans and onion.
Prep and cook the beans and onion
- Rinse the black beans.
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion; measure out ¾ cup [1½ cups] and set aside any remaining onion for garnish.
While the beans and onion cook, prepare the garnishes and heat the tortillas.
Prep the garnishes; warm the tortillas
- Peel the apple, if desired; core and cut into matchsticks.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Rinse the beans.
- Measure the onion.
- Help set out the taco fixings.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.