Smoky red lentil stew and cheese toasts with caramelized onions
35 – 45 Minutes
Our homage to the classic tomato soup and grilled-cheese combo is this red lentil stew that gets its deep, savory flavor from smoked paprika and fire-roasted tomatoes. The cheese toast, which features a layer of caramelized onions and a smear of Dijon mustard, turns this simple soup into a substantial meal.
In your bag
- 1 yellow onion
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Smoky spice blend (sweet smoked paprika - cayenne)
- ¾ cup red lentils
- 1 cup crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 ciabatta
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces Italian cheese blend (mozzarella - provolone)
- 1 ounce arugula
Calories: 760, Protein: 34 g, Fiber: 14 g, Total Fat: 26 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 13 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Sodium: 900 mg, Carbohydrates: 102 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Contains: Milk, Wheat