In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Smoky maple pork and beans with soft-cooked eggs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
When you’re in the mood for breakfast for dinner, this tomatoey dish with pinto beans, your choice of protein, and sweet-smoky flavors will hit the spot.
In your bag
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket smoky maple seasoning (maple syrup - coconut aminos - black pepper - sweet smoked paprika - kosher salt - cumin - cayenne)
- Sunbasket tomato sauce (tomatoes - onions - garlic - olive oil - salt - spices)
Calories 500, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 230mg (77% DV), Sodium 800mg (35% DV), Total Carb. 32g (12% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 44g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the eggs
Bring a small [medium] sauce pot of water to a boil and fill a small bowl with ice water. Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water and cook for exactly 6 minutes for soft-cooked (for firmer yolks, cook 1 to 3 minutes longer). Transfer the eggs to the ice water to cool. Carefully peel the eggs. While the eggs are cooking and cooling, prepare the vegetables and your protein.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Rinse the pinto beans.
Prep your protein
- Pork, chicken, or steak strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Cut into ½-inch pieces; season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the smoky maple seasoning.
- Chicken breasts or pork loin chops: Pat the meat dry with a paper towel; cut into ½-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the smoky maple seasoning.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the smoky maple seasoning.
Cook the vegetables and your protein
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the beans, tomato sauce, ¼ cup [⅓ cup] water, and 1 teaspoon sugar or ½ teaspoon maple syrup or honey (from your pantry), if using. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and your protein is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for pork, steak, or plant-based chicken and 3 to 4 minutes for chicken. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer your protein, vegetables, and sauce to individual bowls. Top with the eggs, season the eggs generously with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the eggs.
- Fill a bowl with ice water.
- Peel the eggs.
- Rinse the beans.
- Top the bowls with the eggs and season.