In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Smoky shredded-chicken tacos with mango salsa
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
Paprika does a great job of imitating a smoked flavor in these mango salsa’d chicken tacos. The silky, sunny fruit shines when hit with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket smoky chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 organic mango
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic lime
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
Make It Leaner
To save 70 calories per serving, use half the tortillas and save the rest for later. You can turn them into chips for a snack and dip them in your favorite salsa or guacamole. Or you can toast tortilla strips and use them to jazz up a salad.
Make It Ahead
The mango salsa (Step 2) can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, let the salsa come to room temperature as you proceed with Steps 1 and 3.
Prepare a medium-hot fire on one side of a grill. Set the chicken breasts on the grill directly over the heat and cook, turning once, until starting to brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to indirect heat, close the grill, and cook without turning until lightly charred and cooked through, about 10 minutes longer.
Calories: 610, Protein: 49g (98% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 190mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 59g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 27g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt, if desired, and pepper and the smoky chili spice blend.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the mango salsa.
Make the mango salsa
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit. Cut the fruit into ½-inch chunks.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- If using, coarsely chop the jalapeños. Wash your hands after handling.
Warm the tortillas
- Time the chicken.
- Juice the lime.
- Set out the taco ingredients.
- Assemble their own tacos.