In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Smoky tempeh salad with charred bok choy and plum
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Carb-Conscious, Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
This warm Southeast Asian–inspired salad featuring tempeh will delight your gut as well as your taste buds.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- Sunbasket smoky marinade (maple syrup - gluten-free tamari - sweet smoked paprika - cumin - cayenne)
- 2 or 3 heads organic baby bok choy (about ¾ pound total)
- 1 organic plum or other stone fruit
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lemon
- Sesame seed blend (white sesame seeds - black sesame seeds)
Calories: 540, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 720mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 40g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: 11g (22% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the tempeh
- Crumble or cut the tempeh into ¼-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, stir together the smoky marinade and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil.
While the tempeh cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy, keeping the heads intact; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise.
- Cut the plum in half and remove the pit; cut the fruit into ½-inch-thick wedges.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 1-inch lengths.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
Crisp the tempeh
Cook the vegetables and plum
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Stir the marinade and oil.
- Toss the tempeh with the marinade.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.