In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Smoky turkey chili with butternut squash and watercress
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
This hearty turkey chili with butternut squash is deliciously smoky and paleo-diet friendly.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 bunch organic watercress
- Sunbasket smoky chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 pound organic chopped peeled butternut squash
- Sunbasket tomato base (tomatoes - tomato paste - fresh garlic)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories 490, Total Fat 19g (24% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 190mg (8% DV), Total Carb. 51g (19% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the chili ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop half the onion. Finely chop the remaining half and set aside for garnish. [Peel and coarsely chop 1 onion; finely chop 1 onion.]
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Trim the root ends and any coarse stems from the watercress.
Cook the chili
Add the butternut squash, tomato base, and 2 cups [4 cups] water, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through, the squash is tender, and the liquid has thickened slightly, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the watercress, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the chili is almost done, prepare the remaining garnishes.
Prep the remaining garnishes
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Measure the water for the chili.
- Time the chili.
- Add the garnishes.