In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Smoky white bean burgers with lemony green beans
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Put this dish on your #meatlessmonday radar and enjoy these veg-friendly white bean burgers with perfectly seasoned green beans, inspired by our chefs’ travels to Paris.
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 1 organic lemon
- 1½ cups cooked white beans
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket smoky burger spice blend (granulated garlic - harissa powder - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 2 vegan whole wheat buns
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
Calories 550, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 460mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 70g (25% DV), Fiber 17g (61% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 18g
Contains: Wheat, Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the zest for the white bean mixture.
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. While the water is heating and the green beans are cooking, prepare the patties.
Make the patties
- Rinse the white beans; pat the beans dry with a paper towel and divide into two equal portions.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the scallions.
In a large bowl, using a fork, masher, or the bottom of a bowl, mash half the white beans to a coarse paste. Add the scallions, smoky burger spice blend, arrowroot powder, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] lemon zest and mix until well combined. Add the remaining white beans, season generously with salt and pepper, and mix until combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into two [four] 1-inch-thick patties. Wipe out the bowl.
Cook the patties
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until a dark golden-brown crust forms, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan. While the patties are cooking, prepare the romaine heart.
Prep the romaine heart; toast the buns
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; remove 2  of the largest outer leaves for the burgers and save the remaining romaine for another use.
In the same bowl used for the white beans, add the romaine and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
In the same pan used for the patties, place the buns, cut sides down, and cook over medium-high heat until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven.
Place the bun bottoms, cut sides up, on individual plates and top each with a romaine leaf, burger patty, and as much lemon-tahini dressing as you like. Close with the bun tops. Serve the green beans and any remaining dressing on the side.
- Juice the lemon.
- Toss the green beans with lemon juice and oil.
- Rinse the white beans and pat dry.
- Mash the white beans.
- Help assemble the burgers.