In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Soba noodle bowls with chicken, peppers, and mushrooms
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
This fast noodle dish features a sauce that brings a triple hit of umami from tamari, dried shiitake mushrooms, and kombu, a seaweed rich in vitamins and minerals.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh soba noodles
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket tamari sauce base (gluten-free tamari - coconut aminos - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- One 4-inch square kombu
- ½ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 6 ounces organic shishito or other mini peppers
- 3 organic scallions
Calories 580, Total Fat 17g (22% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 215mg (72% DV), Sodium 1040mg (45% DV), Total Carb. 67g (24% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 46g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the soba noodles
While the water heats and the soba noodles cook, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and cools, start the sauce.
Make the soba noodle sauce
While the sauce heats and the mushrooms soak, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the peppers
- Remove the stems from the shishito peppers.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal for garnish.
- Time the noodles.
- Combine the sauce ingredients.
- Help assemble the bowls.
- Spoon over the sauce.