In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Soba noodle bowls with salt-and-pepper tofu and spicy cashew sauce
Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Spicy, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
Move over ramen, there’s another great noodle in town. Fresh soba noodles star in these satisfying bowls with sautéed vegetables, a rich cashew sauce, and your choice of protein.
In your bag
- 7 ounces Moon Noodles fresh soba
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 3 organic scallions
- 3 ounces organic sweet mini peppers
- Sunbasket spicy cashew sauce base (cashew butter - sambal oelek - gluten-free tamari - maple syrup - ketchup - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- ½ cup shelled edamame
Calories 750, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 750mg (33% DV), Total Carb. 88g (32% DV), Fiber 17g (61% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 43g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (cashew), Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the soba noodles
Prep your protein
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
Cook your protein
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cornstarch, 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] salt, and ½ teaspoon [1 tsp] pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until the protein is browned and just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes for chicken and 3 to 6 minutes for all other proteins. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and season to taste with salt and pepper. Wipe out the pan. While your protein cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the light and dark green parts separate.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; cut the peppers into ¼-inch-thick strips.
Cook the vegetables; finish the dish
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic and ginger.
- Measure the water for the sauce.
- Garnish with the scallions.