SoCal fish tacos with avocado, cabbage slaw, and lime yogurt
Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free
20 – 35 Minutes
Surfer-approved, these fish tacos require just one pan and include an array of good-for-you garnishes.
In your bag
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 organic lime
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ cup gluten-free cornstarch
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 organic avocado
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
The secret to creating a crust when you sauté (or fry) fish is to dredge the fillets in a starchy coating, like the cornstarch we use here. The starch not only absorbs excess moisture but also expands when it hits the hot oil to form a taut, crisp web.
Calories: 640, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 60g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Fish
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.