In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
SoCal fish tacos with avocado, cabbage slaw, and lime yogurt
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Surfer-approved, these fish tacos require just one pan and include an array of good-for-you garnishes.
In your bag
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 organic lime
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ cup gluten-free cornstarch
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 organic avocado
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories 640, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 480mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 60g (22% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 27g
Contains: Milk, Fish
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the cabbage slaw
Make the lime yogurt
- Zest the lime and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both limes; juice 1 lime and cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- If using the cayenne, set aside half for the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; cut the sole crosswise into 2-inch-wide strips, the halibut into ½-inch-wide strips. Season lightly with salt.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the cornstarch generously with salt and pepper and with as much of the remaining cayenne as you like; spread in an even layer.
- Dredge the fish in the cornstarch, turning to coat; shake off any excess.
While the fish cooks, heat the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
Prep the remaining garnishes
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Toss the cabbage slaw.
- Juice the lime.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Help assemble the tacos.