In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
SoCal fish tacos with avocado, cabbage slaw, and lime yogurt
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Surfer-approved, these fish tacos require just one pan and include an array of good-for-you garnishes.
In your bag
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 organic lime
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ cup gluten-free cornstarch
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 organic avocado
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories: 640, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 60g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Fish
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the cabbage slaw
Make the lime yogurt
- Zest the lime and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both limes; juice 1 lime and cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- If using the cayenne, set aside half for the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; cut the sole crosswise into 2-inch-wide strips, the halibut into ½-inch-wide strips. Season lightly with salt.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the cornstarch generously with salt and pepper and with as much of the remaining cayenne as you like; spread in an even layer.
- Dredge the fish in the cornstarch, turning to coat; shake off any excess.
While the fish cooks, heat the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
Prep the remaining garnishes
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Toss the cabbage slaw.
- Juice the lime.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Help assemble the tacos.