In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
SoCal fish tacos with zesty lime yogurt and carrot-cabbage slaw
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Surfer-approved, these fish tacos require just one pan and include an array of good-for-you garnishes.
In your bag
- 2 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 organic lime
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
Calories: 600, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 60mg (20% DV), Sodium: 390mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 84g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the carrot-cabbage slaw
Make the lime yogurt
- Zest the lime and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both limes; juice 1 lime and cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- If using the cayenne, set aside half for the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; cut the sole crosswise into 2-inch-wide strips, the halibut or salmon into ½-inch-wide strips. Season lightly with salt.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the cornstarch with salt and pepper and as much of the remaining cayenne as you like; spread in an even layer.
While the fish cooks, prepare the cilantro and heat the tortillas.
Prep the remaining garnish; warm the tortillas
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Assemble the carrot-cabbage slaw.
- Juice the lime; measure the juice.
- Help assemble the tacos.