In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
SoCal fish tacos with zesty lime yogurt and carrot-cabbage slaw
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Surfer-approved, these fish tacos require just one pan and include an array of good-for-you garnishes.
In your bag
- 2 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 organic lime
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
Nutrition per serving
Calories 600, Total Fat 19g (24% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 60mg (20% DV), Sodium 390mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 84g (31% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 27g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the carrot-cabbage slaw
Make the lime yogurt
- Zest the lime and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both limes; juice 1 lime and cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- If using the cayenne, set aside half for the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; cut the sole crosswise into 2-inch-wide strips, the halibut or salmon into ½-inch-wide strips. Season lightly with salt.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the cornstarch with salt and pepper and as much of the remaining cayenne as you like; spread in an even layer.
While the fish cooks, prepare the cilantro and heat the tortillas.
Prep the remaining garnish; warm the tortillas
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Assemble the carrot-cabbage slaw.
- Juice the lime; measure the juice.
- Help assemble the tacos.