In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sole and farro with fennel, oranges, and olives
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving
Classic Mediterranean ingredients–fennel, orange, and olives–bring bright, intense flavor to pan-roasted fish, perfect to spoon over nutty, hearty farro, an ancient Italian grain.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ½ cup farro
- 1 organic fennel bulb (about ½ pound)
- 2 or 3 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic Valencia or other orange
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories 410, Total Fat 15g (19% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 780mg (34% DV), Total Carb. 45g (16% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 26g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the farro
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
While the farro cooks, prepare the fennel and orange.
Prep the fennel and orange; cook the fennel
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; thinly slice the quarters lengthwise.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Using a peeler, remove the zest in wide strips from half the orange, being careful to remove only the outermost orange layer and leave behind the bitter white pith; juice half the orange. Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the remaining orange half; thinly slice the fruit crosswise. Discard any seeds. Set aside the orange slices for cooking the fish. [Remove the zest from 1 orange, then peel and thinly slice; juice 1 orange.]
While the fennel cooks, prepare the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; cut the sole crosswise into 3-inch-wide strips, the halibut into 1-inch cubes. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
While the fish cooks, finish the farro.
Finish the farro
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Measure the shallots.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the orange.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Stir the parsley into the farro; season with salt and pepper.