Sole arrabbiata with squash, cherry tomato, and basil salad
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
This paleo and gluten-free spin on a coastal Italian classic takes only about 20 minutes to make but yields heady, complex flavors.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Arrabbiata herb blend (dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 summer squash
- 3 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh basil
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
When seasoning a dish with red chile flakes or another spicy ingredient, add a pinch at a time and taste as you go to control the heat level.
Make It Leaner
Use only 1 tablespoon oil to make the arrabbiata sauce in Step 2 and you’ll slash 60 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving. To save an equal amount of calories and fat per serving, skip the drizzle of oil over the cooked sole.
Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 39g (60% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 29g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 790mg (33% DV), Carbohydrates: 19g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).