In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sole in parchment and zucchini salad with roasted almonds
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving
In this paleo-friendly dish, we bake delicate sole en papillote, or “in parchment,” a quick and easy technique that seals in flavor, moisture, and nutrients.
In your bag
- 1 organic lemon
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
Calories 410, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 540mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 16g (6% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 29g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients for the fish
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the lemon in half crosswise and thinly slice one half into rounds; save the remaining lemon half for another use. [Thinly slice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
- Cut the tomatoes in half; season with salt and pepper.
Assemble the parchment packets
Lay the parchment paper sheets side by side. Place 1 fish fillet on each sheet (skin side down for the snapper) and season generously with salt and pepper. Top the fillets with the lemon slices and tomatoes, dividing evenly; drizzle each with 2 to 3 teaspoons oil.
Working with 1 sheet at a time, bring 2 opposite sides of the parchment to the center and fold them together several times to create a tight seam. Fold up each end to form a tight seal.
Bake the packets
Place the packets on a sheet pan, sealed sides up, and bake until the parchment is puffed and browned and the fish is tender when pierced with a skewer or sharp knife, 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the zucchini salad
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Trim the ends from the zucchini; very thinly slice the zucchini crosswise into rounds.
- If desired, coarsely chop the almonds.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
In a medium bowl, toss together the shallots, zucchini, almonds, 2 to 3 teaspoons oil, half the parsley, and up to half the Aleppo chile. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Open the fish packets, being careful of any venting steam, and garnish with the remaining parsley and as much Aleppo chile as you like. Transfer to individual plates and serve with the zucchini salad.
- Measure the shallots.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the oil for the salad
- Garnish the fish with parsley.