In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sole in parchment with warm date and apricot salad
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Unwrap North African–inspired flavor with our parchment-steamed fish fillets, a heart-healthy paleo meal that’s packed with lean protein and good fats.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 3 ounces dried apricots
- 3 ounces Medjool dates (with pits)
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Make It Leaner
Use just 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil when preparing the warm salad in Step 4 to shave off 20 calories and 2.5 grams of fat per serving.
A citrusy spice popular in Middle Eastern cooking, sumac is made from the dried berries of the sumac shrub and is prized for its tartness. We love to use it on anything we might season with a squeeze of lemon.
Calories: 540, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 72g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 47g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the shallots, fish, and lemon
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season the sole or trout lightly with salt and pepper, the halibut generously.
- Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate. Thinly slice the remaining half. [Zest both lemons. Juice 1 lemon; thinly slice 1 lemon.]
Assemble the parchment packets
Working with 1 sheet at a time, bring 2 opposite sides of the parchment to the center and fold them together several times to create a tight seam. Fold up each end to form a tight seal.
Bake the packets
While the fish bakes, prepare the salad.
Make the date and apricot salad
- Thinly slice the dried apricots.
- Pull the dates away from their pits; thinly slice the dates.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Measure the shallots.
- Juice the lemon.
- Pull the dates away from their pits.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the lemon juice.