Sole in parchment with warm date and apricot salad
Paleo, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Lean & Clean
Wrapped in parchment, sole fillets steam until tender and flaky. A warm date and apricot salad lends this dish a distinct North African flavor.
- 1 or 2 shallots
- Two 5-ounce sole fillets
- 1 lemon
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- ¼ pound baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 1½ ounces dried apricots
- 2 Medjool dates (with pits)
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Make It Leaner: Using half of the oil when preparing the warm salad will save 70 calories and 7 grams of fat.
Prep the shallots, sole, and lemon
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Pat the sole dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Zest the lemon. Cut half into 4 thin slices for the parchment packets; juice the remaining half and set aside the zest and juice for the salad.
Assemble the parchment packets
Working with 1 sheet at a time, bring 2 opposite sides of the parchment to the center and fold them together several times to create a tight seam. Fold up each end to form a tight seal.
Bake the packets
Prep the apricot and date salad ingredients
- Coarsely chop the dried apricots.
- Pull the dates away from their pits; thinly slice the dates.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Make the warm salad
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 730mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 43g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 26g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Contains: fish, tree nuts, milk