In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sole in parchment with warm date and apricot salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Unwrap North African–inspired flavor with our parchment-steamed fish fillets, a heart-healthy paleo meal that’s packed with lean protein and good fats.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 3 ounces dried apricots
- 3 ounces Medjool dates (with pits)
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Calories 540, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 480mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 72g (26% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 47g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 25g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the shallots, fish, and lemon
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season the sole or trout lightly with salt and pepper, the halibut generously.
- Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate. Thinly slice the remaining half. [Zest both lemons. Juice 1 lemon; thinly slice 1 lemon.]
Assemble the parchment packets
Working with 1 sheet at a time, bring 2 opposite sides of the parchment to the center and fold them together several times to create a tight seam. Fold up each end to form a tight seal.
Bake the packets
While the fish bakes, prepare the salad.
Make the date and apricot salad
- Thinly slice the dried apricots.
- Pull the dates away from their pits; thinly slice the dates.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Measure the shallots.
- Juice the lemon.
- Pull the dates away from their pits.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the lemon juice.