In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sole meunière with zucchini and tomato-caper relish
Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 360 Calories/Serving
Our paleo spin on sole meunière employs arrowroot powder in place of all-purpose flour, keeping it gluten-free.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, avoid using salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories: 360, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 490mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 32g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the zucchini
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Drizzle the cut sides lightly with 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil and season with salt, if desired, and pepper.
While the zucchini cooks, prepare the tomato-caper relish.
Make the tomato-caper relish
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Rinse the capers, then coarsely chop them.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season with salt, if desired, and pepper. If using snapper, discard the skin, if desired.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, spread the arrowroot powder in an even layer.
In the same pan used for the zucchini, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] ghee, butter, or oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the fish and cook, turning once, until the crust is golden brown and the fish is cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side for sole and 4 to 6 minutes per side for halibut or snapper. Transfer to a plate.
While the fish cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the lemon into wedges. [Cut 1 lemon into wedges. Save the remaining lemon.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Drizzle the zucchini with oil.
- Rinse the capers.
- Stir the tomato-caper relish.
- Spread the arrowroot powder on a plate.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.