In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sole over black rice with zesty mango-radish slaw
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
A colorful lime-juice-dressed slaw, a gingery carrot sauce, and chewy black rice add vibrant flavors, colors, and textures to this lean, gluten-free seafood dinner.
In your bag
- ½ cup black rice
- 1 organic unripe mango
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai (or Italian) basil
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Gingered carrot blend (carrots - EVOO - apple cider vinegar - fresh lime juice - fresh ginger - kosher salt)
Calories 540, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 550mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 69g (25% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 25g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 23g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the mango-radish slaw
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit into halves. Thinly slice the halves crosswise, then cut the slices into matchsticks.
- Trim the ends from the radishes; thinly slice the radishes into rounds, then thinly slice the rounds into matchsticks.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the white and light green parts of the scallions into 1-inch lengths, then cut lengthwise into matchsticks. Thinly slice the green parts on the diagonal for garnish.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest both limes; juice 1 lime and save the remaining zested lime.]
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; stack the leaves and roll them into a cylinder, then thinly slice crosswise.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
For the trout:
- Pat the trout dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Juice the lime.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Toss the slaw.
- Garnish with the scallions.