Sole piccata with red pepper vinaigrette and baby broccoli
Paleo, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Low Calorie
20 - 30 Minutes
Piccata is a classic Italian-American pan sauce made with a beautifully balanced trio of melted butter, fresh lemon juice, and briny capers. In this colorful spin, Chef Justine turns the threesome into a quartet by stirring in our housemade red pepper vinaigrette. It adds a sweet, lush, and subtly nutty dimension to the delicate sole fillets and lemony baby broccoli. For a strictly paleo diet, omit the butter.
- ½ pound baby broccoli
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Two 5-ounce sole fillets
- ¼ cup almond meal
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket red pepper vinaigrette (roasted red bell peppers - olive oil - almonds - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - coconut sugar - salt - pepper)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (optional)
Prep and blanch the broccoli
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli.
While the broccoli cooks, prepare the garlic and lemon.
Prep the garlic and lemon; finish the broccoli
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Zest and juice half the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate; set aside the juice for the piccata sauce. Cut half the lemon into wedges for garnish.
Prep and cook the sole
- Pat the sole dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Prep the parsley; make the piccata sauce
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside for garnish.
Chef’s Tip If you prefer your meal piping hot, keep the broccoli and sole warm on a heatproof plate in a 200°F oven while you make the sauce.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 540, Protein: 34g, Total Fat: 34g, Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 85mg, Carbohydrates: 25g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 3g, Added Sugars (Trace amounts of coconut sugar): 0g, Sodium: 790mg
Contains: fish, tree nuts, milk