In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sole with red pepper vinaigrette and lemon-garlic broccoli
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Paleo
2 Servings, 310 Calories/Serving
This easy Mediterranean-inspired meal is loaded with nutritious foods: pan-cooked fish, iron-rich broccoli, and an immune-boosting red pepper pan sauce.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic broccoli
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- Sun Basket red pepper vinaigrette (EVOO - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
- 3 tablespoons capers
Calories: 310, Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 860mg (36% DV), Carbohydrates: 11g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars:: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the broccoli
- Cut the broccoli into 2-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; set aside the juice for the sauce. Cut half the lemon into wedges for garnish. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
For sole: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 1 to 2 minutes.
For snapper: Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For halibut: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For salmon: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes .
Transfer to a plate. While the fish cooks, prepare the sauce.
Make the sauce
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lemon.
- Measure the water for the broccoli.