In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sole with oranges, fennel, and purple sweet potato
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Sole (or halibut) gets a crisp paleo coating from almond meal, while fresh orange slices and roasted purple sweet potato and fennel fill your plate with color.
In your bag
- 1 purple sweet potato
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 oranges (such as Cara Cara)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 lemon
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 ounce pitted oil-cured black olives
Calories 600, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 140mg (47% DV), Sodium 780mg (34% DV), Total Carb. 50g (18% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 23g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 29g
Contains: Eggs, Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Roast the sweet potato and fennel
- Scrub or peel the purple sweet potato. Trim the ends and cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut the quarters lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, remove the peel from the oranges; cut the fruit crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Working over a large bowl, separate the slices into large pieces. Discard any seeds.
While the potato and fennel roast, prepare the fish and make the lemon-caper sauce.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl. With a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
- On a plate, spread the almond meal in an even layer.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the fish and cook, turning once, until the crust is golden brown and the fish is cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side for the sole and 4 to 6 minutes per side for the halibut. Transfer the fish to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
While the fish cooks, prepare the ingredients for the lemon-caper sauce.
Make the lemon-caper sauce
- Zest the lemon; cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Finish the salad
- Coarsely chop the olives.