In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sole with caramelized onions, potatoes, and sun-dried tomato za’atar
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 400 Calories/Serving
Light and gluten-free, pan-fried fish is served over potatoes and caramelized onion and scallions and topped with tangy sun-dried tomatoes spiced with za’atar.
In your bag
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomato strips (not in oil)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket za’atar (sumac - sesame seeds - fennel seeds - dried thyme)
- 6 organic scallions
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 or 3 organic shallots
- ¼ pound organic Yukon Gold or other waxy potatoes
- 1½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skinless Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
If you have a mandoline, use it to thinly slice the onion and potatoes. To get extra caramelization on the onion-potato medley, continue cooking it on the stovetop over low heat, stirring occasionally, while you cook the fish.
Calories: 400, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 550mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the sun-dried tomato za’atar
- Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Peel the onion and cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Scrub or peel the potatoes; thinly slice the potatoes crosswise.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season the sole lightly with salt and pepper, the halibut or snapper generously.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the sun-dried tomato za’atar.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Time the fish.
- Spoon over the sun-dried tomato za’atar.