In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sole with caramelized onions, potatoes, and sun-dried tomato za’atar
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 400 Calories/Serving
Tomatoes and za’atar? It’s a match made in heaven. We pair this Middle Eastern spice blend with tangy sun-dried tomatoes and fresh parsley, creating the ultimate topping for pan-fried fish.
In your bag
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 organic red onion
- ½ pound organic red or gold new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket za’atar (sumac - sesame seeds - fennel seeds - dried thyme)
Calories 400, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 760mg (33% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 21g
Contains: Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Soak the sun-dried tomatoes; prep the onion and potatoes
- Very finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes. In a small bowl, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in very hot tap water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and return to the bowl.
- Peel the onion and cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Scrub the potatoes; cut the potatoes crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Cook the onion and potatoes
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 4 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and red wine vinegar, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and the onion is caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes. If the onion is done before the potatoes, push the onion to one side of the pan or transfer to a plate and continue cooking the potatoes until tender, 2 to 3 minutes more, or as needed. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the onion and potatoes are cooking, prepare the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
In another large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking.
For sole, halibut, and salmon:
Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 1 to 2 minutes for sole, 4 to 5 minutes for halibut and salmon. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 1 to 2 minutes for sole, 2 to 4 minutes for halibut and salmon.
Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to a plate. While the fish is cooking, finish the sun-dried tomato za’atar.
Assemble the sun-dried tomato za’atar
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] parsley for garnish.
To the bowl with the sun-dried tomatoes, stir in the za'atar, 2 to 3 teaspoons oil, and all except 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the onion and potatoes to individual plates and top with the fish. Spoon over the sun-dried tomato za’atar, garnish with the remaining parsley, and serve.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Time the fish.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the sun-dried tomato za’atar.
- Spoon over the sun-dried tomato za’atar.