In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sole with chickpeas, summer squash, and parsley-pecan pesto
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Harissa powder gives North African flavor to pan-cooked seafood, drizzled with our signature parsley-pecan pesto for a delicious finish.
In your bag
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- ½ teaspoon harissa powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 1 head organic frisée or other chicory lettuce such as endive
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket parsley-pecan pesto (EVOO - pecans - fresh parsley - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 550, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 24g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 820mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates: 31g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Pat the seafood dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and rub all over with the harissa powder. Let stand while you prepare the vegetables.
- Measure half the vegetable broth; save the rest for another use.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini; cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Trim the root end from the frisée and divide the head in half. Coarsely chop the leaves of one half; save the remaining frisée for another use.
- Juice half the lemon; cut the other half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
Cook the chickpeas and zucchini
Add the chickpeas and zucchini and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the chickpeas are heated through, the zucchini is tender, and a little broth remains, 5 to 7 minutes [6 to 8 min]. Remove from the heat and stir in the frisée, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] parsley-pecan pesto (set aside the remaining pesto for serving). Transfer to a large bowl and cover to keep warm. Wipe out the pan.
Prep and cook the seafood
In the same pan used for the vegetables, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the fish, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, turning once, until the fish is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for sole and 3 to 5 minutes per side for halibut. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed.
For the scallops::
In the same pan used for the vegetables, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed.
- Measure the vegetable broth.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Juice the lemon.
- Garnish with the pesto.