In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Son-in-law eggs over Thai mango salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
A riot of textures and flavors, fried soft-boiled eggs, a Thai favorite with crispy outsides and creamy insides, is served over a juicy salad with sweet-sour dressing.
In your bag
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic unripe mango
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons roasted cashews
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai (or Italian) basil
- Sunbasket Thai dressing (maple syrup - fresh lime juice - fish sauce)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon tamarind puree
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
Calories 580, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 310mg (103% DV), Sodium 1170mg (51% DV), Total Carb. 30g (11% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 27g (Incl. 8g Added Sugars, 16% DV), Protein 18g
Contains: Eggs, Fish, Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the salad.
Prep and toss the salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; thinly slice the leaves crosswise.
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit into halves. Thinly slice the halves crosswise, then cut the slices into matchsticks.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
- Divide the Thai dressing in half; save half for another use.
Finish the tamarind
Brown the eggs
- Peel the eggs.
- Crush the cashews.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Toss the salad.
- Garnish with the fried shallots.