In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Southeast Asian shrimp and rice bowls with edamame slaw
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Colorful and packed with fiber and protein, this Southeast Asian—inspired rice bowl is loaded with shrimp and crunchy vegetables tossed in our house-made creamy slaw dressing.
In your bag
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket Asian slaw dressing (almond butter - coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - apple cider vinegar)
- 3 organic scallions
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sun Basket Malaysian sauce base (honey - miso paste - gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
Calories: 600, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 620mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 74g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
Prep the radishes; make the slaw
- Thinly slice the radishes for garnish.
Prep and cook the scallions and shellfish
- Trim the root ends from the scallions. Cut the white parts into 2-inch pieces; thinly slice the green parts for garnish.
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Top the rice with the slaw and radishes.
- Garnish with the scallions.