In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Southeast Asian shrimp and rice bowls with edamame slaw
Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Edamame has our vote for MVP of this meal. These buttery green soybeans make a tasty addition to our Asian rice bowls and are full of plant protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
In your bag
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket Asian slaw dressing (almond butter - coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - apple cider vinegar)
- 3 organic scallions
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sunbasket Malaysian sauce base (honey - miso - gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
Calories 600, Total Fat 22g (34% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 155mg (52% DV), Sodium 670mg (28% DV), Total Carb. 73g (24% DV), Fiber 6g (24% DV), Total Sugars 13g (Incl. 6g Added Sugars, 12% DV), Protein 29g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
In a small sauce pot, combine the rice and 1¼ cups [2¼ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the radishes; make the slaw
- Thinly slice the radishes for garnish.
In a medium bowl, stir together the edamame, carrots, slaw dressing, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the scallions and shellfish
- Trim the root ends from the scallions. Cut the white parts into 2-inch pieces; thinly slice the green parts for garnish.
For shrimp and jumbo shrimp:
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the white parts of the scallions and shrimp and cook, turning once, until the scallions are golden and the shrimp are firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for regular shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp. Add the Malaysian sauce base and stir to coat. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse and drain the scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt.
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the white parts of the scallions and scallops and cook, turning the scallions once, until the scallions are golden and the scallops are golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn the scallops and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque. Add the Malaysian sauce base and stir to coat. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the rice to individual bowls and top with the edamame slaw and shellfish. Garnish with the radishes and green parts of the scallions and serve.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Top the rice with the slaw.
- Garnish with the radishes and scallions.