In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Southwestern black bean and tempeh chili
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Our signature chili base brings big Southwestern flavor to our vegan chili, with tempeh, bell pepper, and hearty black beans standing in for meat to create a warming dinner that can easily be made ahead of time.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic green or other bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Sunbasket chili base (fire-roasted tomatoes - tomato paste - chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 1 organic Piel de Sapo melon or other melon
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Calories 530, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 120mg (5% DV), Total Carb. 62g (23% DV), Fiber 20g (71% DV), Total Sugars 28g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 30g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Start the tempeh
- Crumble or cut the tempeh into ¼-inch pieces.
While the tempeh cooks, start preparing the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup] for the chili; finely chop as much of the remaining onion as you like for garnish.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
- Rinse the black beans.
Cook the chili
While the chili cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Cut the melon in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut the halves lengthwise into 2-inch-wide wedges. Season to taste with salt and pepper and as much sumac as you like.
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Measure the water for the tempeh and chili.
- Measure the onion.
- Rinse the beans.
- Garnish the chili.