In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Southwestern chili with pinto beans, chiles, and kale
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
When you taste this smoky, spicy vegetarian chili, you’ll never believe it comes together in 15 minutes. It’s perfect for a busy and chilly fall evening.
In your bag
- 1 organic white onion
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in gluten-free adobo (optional)
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- Sun Basket Southwestern blend (tomatoes - EVOO - tomato paste - fresh garlic - kosher salt - dried New Mexican chiles - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
- ½ cup diced mild green chiles
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
Calories: 430, Protein: 18g (36% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 870mg (36% DV), Carbohydrates: 48g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables; cook the chili
- Peel and coarsely chop half the onion. Finely chop the remaining half for garnish. [Peel and coarsely chop 1 onion; peel and finely chop 1 onion.]
- Rinse the pinto beans.
- If using the chipotle chile, coarsely chop the chile. Wash your hands after handling.
While the chili cooks, prepare the remaining garnishes.
Prep the remaining garnishes
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Rinse the beans.
- Measure the water for the chili.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the lime yogurt.
- Garnish the chili.