In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Southwestern chili with pinto beans, kale, and lime yogurt
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 380 Calories/Serving
Made with chipotle chile in adobo, mild green chiles, and our custom-spiced tomato base, our smoky Southwestern chili is so rich, you'll think it's been simmering all day.
In your bag
- 1 organic white onion
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 chipotle chile in gluten-free adobo (optional)
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket Southwestern chili base (water - tomatoes - extra virgin olive oil - tomato paste - garlic - kosher salt - dried New Mexican chiles - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
- ¼ cup diced mild green chiles
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
Nutrition per serving
Calories 380, Total Fat 17g (22% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 3mg (1% DV), Sodium 920mg (40% DV), Total Carb. 47g (17% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 14g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables; cook the chili
- Peel and coarsely chop half the onion. Finely chop the remaining half for garnish. [Peel and coarsely chop 1 onion; peel and finely chop the remaining onion.]
- Rinse the pinto beans.
- If using the chipotle chile, coarsely chop the chile. Wash your hands after handling.
In a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the coarsely chopped onion and kale, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the beans, Southwestern chili base, mild green chiles, 1½ cups [3 cups] water, and up to half the chipotle chile and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook until the liquid has thickened slightly and the vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper and more chipotle chile, if desired. While the chili is cooking, prepare the remaining garnishes.
Prep the remaining garnishes
- Juice half the lime; cut the remaining half into wedges. [Juice 1 lime; cut the remaining lime into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
In a small bowl, stir together the lime juice and yogurt; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the chili to individual bowls. Garnish with the lime yogurt, finely chopped onion, and cilantro and serve with the lime wedges.
- Rinse the beans.
- Measure the water for the chili.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the lime yogurt.
- Garnish the chili.