In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Southwestern simmered sole with cilantro-lime slaw over brown rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
This is basically an “easy enchilada.” Southwestern tomato-braised sole stars in this medley of seasoned veggies, black beans, and dirty rice, minus the tortillas.
In your bag
- ½ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- 1 green or other bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- ¾ cup cooked black beans
- 1½ teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Southwestern simmer sauce base (tomato paste - chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 lime
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 ounce pickled jalapeños (optional)
- ¼ pound shredded green or other cabbage
Calories 600, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 680mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 80g (29% DV), Fiber 18g (64% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 29g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; finely chop the bell pepper.
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [1¾ cups]; set aside ½ cup [1 cup] for the sauce.
- Rinse the black beans.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the fish.
Prep and cook the fish and sauce
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Measure 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] Southwestern simmer sauce from the pan and set aside for the rice.
While the fish cooks, prepare the cilantro-lime slaw.
Make the cilantro-lime slaw
- Juice half the lime; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut the remaining lime into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- If using, coarsely chop the pickled jalapeños. Wash your hands after handling,
Finish the rice
- Measure the onion.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Juice the lime.