In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Southwestern turkey and sweet potato skillet with avocado
Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Throw some sweet potato, turkey, and our custom Southwest-inspired spice blend in a frying pan—you’ll have a whole lot of flavor and just one skillet to clean after dinner.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Turkey spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 organic lime
- 1 ounce sliced pitted black olives
Calories: 530, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 340mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates: 39g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper lengthwise into ¼-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Trim the ends and cut the potato in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- If using, coarsely chop the jalapeños. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep and brown the turkey
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the turkey and sweet potato skillet
Add the turkey and as many jalapeños as you like and cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the turkey and sweet potato skillet cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ½-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cut the lime into wedges. [Cut 1 lime into wedges. Save the remaining lime.]
- Measure the onion.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Scoop out the avocado.