In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Souzoukaklia ground beef skewers with arugula-blueberry salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Pan-seared lemon dresses up these Greek-inspired spicy-sweet beef kebabs, served with a colorful salad.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- Sunbasket Greek spice blend (cinnamon - cayenne - coriander - coconut sugar - nutmeg)
- Wooden skewers
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted hazelnuts
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- ¼ pound organic blueberries
Calories 500, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 85mg (4% DV), Total Carb. 33g (12% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 20g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut, hazelnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the beef souzoukaklia
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
Pan-sear the lemon; cook the souzoukaklia
- Cut the lemon in half crosswise.
In the same pan over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the beef souzoukaklia and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the arugula-blueberry salad
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the hazelnuts.
- Juice enough seared lemon to measure 2 teaspoons [4 tsp]; set aside the remaining lemon for serving.
- Measure the onion.
- Crush the hazelnuts.
- Assemble the arugula-blueberry salad.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the souzoukaklia.