In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spaghetti “Alfredo” with shaved asparagus and charred tomatoes
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Almond milk and cashew butter team up with garlic and nutritional yeast as a stand-in for traditional cheese sauce, coating each spaghetti strand with creamy vegan decadence.
In your bag
- 5 ounces spaghetti
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket vegan “cheese” sauce (almond milk - cashew butter - granulated garlic - nutritional yeast - onion powder)
Calories: 590, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 35mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates: 75g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the spaghetti
While the water heats and the spaghetti cooks, prepare the tomatoes.
Prep and char the tomatoes
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
While the tomatoes cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus. Using a peeler and starting at the base and working toward the tip, thinly shave the asparagus stalks into ribbons. Alternatively, cut the asparagus stalks on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Divide into two equal portions, one for the pasta and one for garnish.
Cook the asparagus; finish the dish
Reduce the heat to low and stir in the vegan “cheese” sauce, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] white wine, if using, and ½ cup [1 cup] reserved pasta cooking water, adding more water as needed to reach a creamy consistency. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the ingredients are warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the spaghetti and tomatoes and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute.
Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon zest and half the basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the shallots.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Snap the woody ends off the asparagus.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the basil leaves.