In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spaghetti and meatballs with mushroom marinara and Italian salad
Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 790 Calories/Serving
When we say spaghetti, you say . . . meatballs, of course! Enjoy this classic match made in heaven finished with mushroom marinara and paired with a crisp Italian salad.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat spaghetti
- ¼ cup whole wheat panko
- 1 organic red onion
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- Sunbasket herbed marinara (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
- Sunbasket Italian dressing base (champagne vinegar - water - honey - Parmesan - parsley - garlic - red chile flakes - dried oregano)
Calories 790, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 190mg (63% DV), Sodium 550mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 89g (32% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 48g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the spaghetti
While the water heats and the spaghetti cooks, prepare the meatballs.
Prep the meatballs
- In a large bowl, combine the panko and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water or milk (from your pantry).
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Set aside all but ¼ cup [½ cup] onion for the sauce.
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Brown the meatballs
While the meatballs brown, prepare the mushrooms.
Prep the mushrooms; finish the meatballs and sauce
- Coarsely chop the mushrooms.
Add the meatballs, herbed marinara, and reserved pasta cooking water and bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in the spaghetti, toss to coat, and cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the meatballs and sauce are almost done, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Salt the water for the spaghetti.
- Time the spaghetti.
- Combine the panko and water.
- Measure the onion.
- Make the dressing; assemble the salad