Spaghetti and meatballs with romaine salad
35 – 45 Minutes
This easy, updated take on an Italian-American favorite will be the new comfort-food favorite, any night of the week.
In your bag
- 7 ounces spaghetti
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 5 ounces ground pork
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ⅓ cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- Meatball spice blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried oregano)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sun Basket marinara (tomatoes - olive oil - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - fresh garlic - salt - black pepper)
- 1 romaine heart
- 1 carrot
- Sun Basket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - Dijon mustard - fresh garlic)
- Fresh basil
Before shaping and cooking the meatballs, you can test the seasoning by cooking a tablespoon or so of the meat mixture in a small frying pan over medium-high heat on the stove top, then season the mixture with more salt and pepper, if needed.
Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 205mg (68% DV), Sodium: 540mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 57g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.