In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spaghetti and meatballs with romaine salad
4 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
This easy, updated take on an Italian-American favorite will be the new comfort-food favorite, any night of the week.
In your bag
- 7 ounces spaghetti
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 5 ounces ground pork
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ⅓ cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- Meatball spice blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried oregano)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sun Basket marinara (tomatoes - olive oil - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - fresh garlic - salt - black pepper)
- 1 romaine heart
- 1 carrot
- Sun Basket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - Dijon mustard - fresh garlic)
- Fresh basil
Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 205mg (68% DV), Sodium: 540mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 57g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the spaghetti
While the water heats and the spaghetti cooks, prepare the meatballs and sauce.
Make the meatballs
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Finely chop the parsley leaves.
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Repeat with the ground pork.
Cook the meatballs and sauce
In the same pot, add the mirepoix, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the marinara and meatballs and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the meatballs and sauce cook, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim off the root end from the romaine.
- Coarsely tear the romaine leaves.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim off the top. Using a peeler, peel the carrot into ribbons.
Prep the basil; finish the spaghetti
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Tear the romaine.
- Dress the salad.
- Prepare the basil.
- Sprinkle on the Parmesan and basil.