In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spaghetti and meatballs with romaine salad
Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
This easy, updated take on an Italian-American favorite will be the new comfort-food favorite, any night of the week.
In your bag
- 7 ounces spaghetti
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 5 ounces ground pork
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ⅓ cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- Meatball spice blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried oregano)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sunbasket marinara (tomatoes - olive oil - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - fresh garlic - salt - black pepper)
- 1 romaine heart
- 1 carrot
- Sunbasket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - Dijon mustard - fresh garlic)
- Fresh basil
Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 205mg (68% DV), Sodium 540mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 57g (21% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 44g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the spaghetti
While the water heats and the spaghetti cooks, prepare the meatballs and sauce.
Make the meatballs
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Finely chop the parsley leaves.
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Repeat with the ground pork.
Cook the meatballs and sauce
In the same pot, add the mirepoix, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the marinara and meatballs and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the meatballs and sauce cook, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim off the root end from the romaine.
- Coarsely tear the romaine leaves.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim off the top. Using a peeler, peel the carrot into ribbons.
Prep the basil; finish the spaghetti
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Tear the romaine.
- Dress the salad.
- Prepare the basil.
- Sprinkle on the Parmesan and basil.