In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spanish paella with tofu, mushrooms, and peas
Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Vegan, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
Turmeric and smoky paprika flavor our vegan take on Spanish paella, adding color and depth to this crowd-pleasing one-pan dish.
In your bag
- 1 leek (about ¼ pound)
- 2 or 3 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ pound cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces roasted red peppers
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- ¾ cup paella rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro or other leafy herb such as basil
- ½ cup peas
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 710, Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 520mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 89g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons, enough to measure 1½ cups [3 cups]. Soak the half-moons in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leek from the surface of the water and pat dry.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons [4 tsp].
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise; cut any large mushrooms into quarters.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop any large pieces.
Cook the paella
Add the vegetable broth and either 1 cup [1½ cups] water plus ½ cup [1 cup] wine, or 1½ cups [2½ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook without stirring, removing the lid halfway through cooking, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
When the paella is almost done, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the tofu lengthwise into ¼-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- If desired, strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the cilantro.
Finish the paella
- Soak the leeks.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Garnish with the cilantro.