Spanish shrimp fritters with artichoke relish

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Spanish shrimp fritters with artichoke relish

Great for Entertaining

Spanish shrimp fritters with artichoke relish

Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus

2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving

30–45 Minutes

Pan-fried crisp (and gluten-free!) shrimp fritters from Southern Spain get served up with a zesty artichoke-radish relish. Enjoy as tapas or a main course.

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • ⅓ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
  • 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
  • 1 organic lemon
  • 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • ¾ pound organic green beans
  • Shellfish options:
  • 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
  • 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
  • 10 ounces wild sea scallops
  • 1 organic egg
  • Sunbasket chickpea dry blend (chickpea flour - baking powder - sweet paprika)

Nutrition per serving

Calories 420, Total Fat 15g (19% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 290mg (97% DV), Sodium 520mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 26g (9% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Eggs

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten.

*Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.


2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use


Make the artichoke relish

Heat the oven to 450°F.
  • Finely chop the artichoke hearts.
  • Trim the ends from the radishes; finely chop the radishes.
  • Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon and cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
  • Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the fritter batter.
In a medium bowl, stir together the artichoke hearts, radishes, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] lemon juice, 1 to 2 teaspoons oil, and half the parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the meal.


Roast the green beans

  • Trim the stem ends from the green beans.
On a sheet pan, toss the green beans with 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
While the green beans roast, prepare the fritters.


Prep and cook the fritters

Prep and cook instructions are identical for all shellfish options.
  • Rinse the shellfish, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Cut the shellfish into ¼-inch pieces.
Crack the egg into a large bowl. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended. Add the chickpea dry blend and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water and stir until incorporated. Stir in the shellfish and remaining parsley and season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Ladle or spoon the batter [half the batter] into the pan to form 2 large fritters and cook until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fritters and cook until lightly browned on the other side and the shellfish is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. [Cook 2 more fritters with the remaining batter, adding more oil if needed.] Transfer the fritters to a cutting board and let cool slightly, then cut into wedges.


Transfer the fritters and green beans to individual plates. Top the fritters with the artichoke relish and serve with the lemon wedges.
Kids Can!
  • Juice the lemon.
  • Strip the parsley leaves.
  • Stir the artichoke relish.
  • Toss the green beans with oil, salt, and pepper.
  • Top the fritters with the artichoke relish.