In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spanish shrimp fritters with artichoke relish
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Pan-fried crisp (and gluten-free!) shrimp fritters from Southern Spain get served up with a zesty artichoke-radish relish. Enjoy as tapas or a main course.
In your bag
- ⅓ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¾ pound organic green beans
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 organic egg
- Sun Basket chickpea dry blend (chickpea flour - baking powder - sweet paprika)
Make sure the oil is hot before you add the fritter batter so the fritters will cook and crisp in the oil instead of absorbing it and becoming soggy.
Calories: 420, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 15g (23% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 290mg (97% DV), Sodium: 520mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the artichoke relish
- Finely chop the artichoke hearts.
- Trim the ends from the radishes; finely chop the radishes.
- Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon and cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the fritter batter.
Roast the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans.
While the green beans roast, prepare the fritters.
Prep and cook the fritters
- Rinse the shellfish, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Cut the shellfish into ¼-inch pieces.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Ladle or spoon the batter [half the batter] into the pan to form 2 large fritters and cook until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fritters and cook until lightly browned on the other side and the shellfish is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. [Cook 2 more fritters with the remaining batter, adding more oil if needed.] Transfer the fritters to a cutting board and let cool slightly, then cut into wedges.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the artichoke relish.
- Toss the green beans with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Top the fritters with the artichoke relish.