In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spanish shrimp fritters with artichoke relish
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Pan-fried crisp (and gluten-free!) shrimp fritters from Southern Spain get served up with a zesty artichoke-radish relish. Enjoy as tapas or a main course.
In your bag
- ⅓ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¾ pound organic green beans
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 organic egg
- Sunbasket chickpea dry blend (chickpea flour - baking powder - sweet paprika)
Calories 420, Total Fat 15g (19% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 290mg (97% DV), Sodium 520mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 26g (9% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the artichoke relish
- Finely chop the artichoke hearts.
- Trim the ends from the radishes; finely chop the radishes.
- Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon and cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the fritter batter.
Roast the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans.
While the green beans roast, prepare the fritters.
Prep and cook the fritters
- Rinse the shellfish, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Cut the shellfish into ¼-inch pieces.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Ladle or spoon the batter [half the batter] into the pan to form 2 large fritters and cook until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fritters and cook until lightly browned on the other side and the shellfish is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. [Cook 2 more fritters with the remaining batter, adding more oil if needed.] Transfer the fritters to a cutting board and let cool slightly, then cut into wedges.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the artichoke relish.
- Toss the green beans with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Top the fritters with the artichoke relish.