In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spanish sole fritters with tomato-cucumber salad
Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 400 Calories/Serving
In our riff on a Spanish tapa, we stir up a batter of chopped sole, our chickpea batter blend, and crisp scallions and then cook until golden brown for a light, gluten-free bite.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 3 organic scallions
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sun Basket chickpea batter blend (chickpea flour - baking powder - sweet paprika)
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 1 organic cucumber
- ½ ounce pitted oil-cured black olives
- 1 organic lemon
To prevent the fritters from sticking, be sure the pan and oil are very hot before spooning in the batter.
Calories: 400, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 810mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the onion
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
Make the fritter batter
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Pat the seafood dry with a paper towel; cut the seafood into ¼-inch pieces and season with salt and pepper.
Cook the fritters
While the fritters cook, prepare the tomato-cucumber salad.
Make the salad; prep the garnish
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough thin half-moons to measure 1½ cups [3 cups].
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish. [Cut 1 lemon into wedges; save the remaining lemon.]
- Measure the onion and combine with the vinegar.
- Stir the chickpea batter blend and water.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Assemble the salad.