Spanish-style chicken and quinoa with fire-roasted tomatoes
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free
30 – 45 Minutes
The fire-roasted tomatoes, diced for your convenience, add a subtle smoky note that brings yet another layer to this satisfying chicken dish.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅛ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- Sun Basket Spanish seasoning blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - coriander - cumin - sweet smoked paprika - dried oregano)
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Instead of serving lemon wedges on the side, thinly slice the remaining lemon, char in a dry small frying pan over high heat, and then arrange the slices on the quinoa when you add the bell pepper rings.
Calories: 500, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 13g (20% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 460mg (19% DV), Carbohydrates: 57g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.