Spanish-style chicken and quinoa with fire-roasted tomatoes
Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly
30 – 45 Minutes
The fire-roasted tomatoes, diced for your convenience, add a subtle smoky note that brings yet another layer of flavor to this satisfying chicken dish.
In your bag
- Sun Basket Spanish seasoning blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - coriander - cumin - sweet smoked paprika - dried oregano)
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Instead of cutting the remaining lemon into wedges to serve on the side, thinly slice it and char in a dry small frying pan over high heat, then arrange the slices on the quinoa when you add the bell pepper rings.
Calories: 500, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 16g (25% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 450mg (19% DV), Carbohydrates: 56g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.