In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spanish-style chicken and quinoa with fire-roasted tomatoes
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
The fire-roasted tomatoes, diced for your convenience, add a subtle smoky note that brings yet another layer of flavor to this satisfying chicken dish.
In your bag
- Sunbasket Spanish seasoning blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - coriander - cumin - sweet smoked paprika - dried oregano)
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories 500, Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 130mg (43% DV), Sodium 450mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 56g (20% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the chicken
- Set aside half the Spanish seasoning blend for the quinoa.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and half the Spanish seasoning blend.
While the chicken browns, prepare the quinoa ingredients.
Prep the quinoa ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [1½ cups].
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
Start the quinoa
Add the tomatoes, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and either ¼ cup [½ cup] white wine (from your pantry) and 1 cup [2 cups] water or a total of 1¼ cups [2½ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the quinoa starts to soften and the liquid is almost completely absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the chicken
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Remove the stem from the bell pepper; using a spoon, gently scoop out the seeds while keeping the pepper whole. Cut the pepper crosswise into ¼-inch-wide rings.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Measure the onion.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Juice the lemon.
- Scoop out the bell pepper seeds.
- Strip the parsley leaves.