In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Speedy chicken salad with shiitake mushrooms and lemon vinaigrette
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Diabetes-Friendly, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Shiitake mushrooms add earthy umami to this paleo main-course salad tossed with chicken, creamy avocado, and a Francophile lemon dressing.
In your bag
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic avocado
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket lemon vinaigrette base (fresh lemon juice - onion - fresh garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
- 2 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
- 3 ounces organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
Calories 680, Total Fat 49g (63% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 270mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 29g (11% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Soak the mushrooms
While the mushrooms soak, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and cools, start the salad.
Make the vinaigrette and salad
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Drain the mushrooms; discard the stems and thinly slice the caps.
- Combine the mushrooms and water.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Toss the chicken salad.