In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak salad with zucchini and red pepper vinaigrette
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Juicy steak strips and vibrant vegetables make this paleo and gluten-free salad as good for you as it is good to eat.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 ounce sliced pitted black olives
- Sunbasket red pepper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories 450, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 390mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steak and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked to the desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes for medium. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the zucchini on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Cook the zucchini
In the same pan used for the steak, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, arrange the zucchini in a single layer, season with salt and pepper, and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and just starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat.
Assemble the salad
In a large bowl, toss together the romaine, zucchini, tomatoes, olives, and half the red pepper vinaigrette (set aside the remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual bowls, top with the steak, and garnish with the pumpkin seeds. Serve the remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Time the steak and zucchini.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the pumpkin seeds.