In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak salad with zucchini and red pepper vinaigrette
Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Paleo, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Juicy steak strips and vibrant vegetables make this paleo and gluten-free salad as good for you as it is good to eat.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 ounce sliced pitted black olives
- Sun Basket red pepper vinaigrette (EVOO - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories: 450, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 390mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 20g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the romaine; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the zucchini on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Cook the zucchini
Assemble the salad
- Time the steak and zucchini.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the pumpkin seeds.