In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vegan Caesar salad with tempeh croutons
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Crispy tempeh croutons top this fast and easy salad, made with fresh romaine, kale, and our vegan Caesar dressing.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 organic celery ribs
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale
- Sunbasket vegan Caesar dressing (almond milk - cashew butter - lemon juice - Dijon mustard - capers - vegan Worcestershire - kosher salt - nutritional yeast - garlic - black pepper - onion powder)
- Sunbasket vegan “Parmesan” (nutritional yeast - almond meal)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 420, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 470mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 30g (11% DV), Fiber 16g (57% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, cashew), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the tempeh
- Crumble or cut the tempeh into ½-inch pieces.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Thinly slice the celery.
Crisp the tempeh croutons; finish the salad
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Measure the water for the tempeh.
- Massage the kale.
- Assemble the Caesar salad.
- Sprinkle the vegan “Parmesan.”